2015 Workshops will be updated on a regular basis beginning in February.
Examples of past workshops…
Natural Building Workshop – July 6 and 7, 2013
An Introduction To Natural Building
In this intensive, hands-on learning workshop, you will learn a wide array of natural building techniques that will empower you to build your own environmentally and economically sustainable earthen structures from the ground under your feet.
We will be working on:
- a cob oven, straw bale house, cob house, cob bale greenhouse and cob benches
- discuss the principals of natural building (site planning, design and history).
- rammed earth tire foundation /dry stack stone foundations
- mix and apply cob
- observe and discuss constructing load-bearing straw bale walls
- installing a living roof
- mix and apply natural plasters
- discuss design for foundation, drainage, earthen floors, and appropriate technologies.
Date : Workshop starts July 6 at 9 am Saturday morning. Optional Friday night camping. Ends Sunday late afternoon/early evening.
Free camping on site.
Optional Sunrise Yoga at 7 am both days.
Price: $200. Fifty percent deposit required to confirm a spot (sliding scale – please contact regarding your situation – children under 12 free) Hearty vegan meals provided including local-organic produce; feel free to bring snacks, contact if you have special dietary requirements.
Cob oven and cob house under construction on site!
Contact: 902-877-9356 / email@example.com
No pets ; Children welcome
Like us on facebook Natural Building Nova Scotia